How do I permanently turn Windows Defender on?
Turn on real-time and cloud-delivered protection
- Select the Start menu.
- In the search bar, type Windows Security. …
- Select Virus & threat protection.
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
- Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them on.
How do I enable Windows Defender as my default antivirus?
Open the Windows Security app by searching the start menu for Security, and then selecting Windows Security. Select the Virus & threat protection tile (or the shield icon on the left menu bar). Select Virus & threat protection settings. Toggle the Real-time protection switch to On.
How do I change my default Windows security settings?
1] Reset Windows Security App from Start Menu
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open Start Menu.
- Right-click on Windows Security on the Start list.
- Click on More, and click on App settings.
- Click on the Reset button in Settings.
- Click on Reset to confirm.
Is Windows Defender on by default?
In Windows 8 and Windows 10, Windows Defender is on by default. It switches itself off upon installation of a third-party anti-virus package.
How do I permanently disable Windows Defender in Windows 11?
Enable or Disable Real-Time Protection in Windows 11
- Step 1: Open Windows Security in the Settings application. Select Start and Settings or use the keyboard shortcut Windows -I to open the Settings application. …
- Step 2: Open Virus & Threat Protection. ADVERTISEMENT. …
- Step 3: Disable Real-Time Protection.
How do I permanently disable real-time protection in Windows 11?
Step 1: Open the “Control Panel” from the Start menu. Step 2: Select the “System and Security” option. Step 3: Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option. Step 4: Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall” option for both the Private and Public Network Settings, and press the “OK” button.
How do I reinstall Windows Defender antivirus on Windows 10?
- Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
- On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
- Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
- Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
- Type services. …
- Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.