Will Depop refund me if I get scammed?
All purchases made in-app and/or on the Depop website, are covered by Buyer Protection and you’ll receive a full refund if your item doesn’t arrive or if it’s significantly not as described.
Can you get scammed on Depop?
Most scammers seem to follow the same MO: they hack a legitimate Depop user’s account without the original user realising; usually, the person being hacked is a young woman with positive seller reviews who hasn’t used their account for a while.
Are you protected as a seller on Depop?
How does Seller Protection work? You are protected against disputes or chargebacks if you: Sell in-app using Depop Payments. Dispatch the order to the address on the Depop receipt.
What happens if u get scammed on Depop?
You lost any seller protection by sending to another address than the paypal registered address of the buyer. If you had met seller protection paypal would have reimbursed you.
How do you know if a Depop seller is legit?
How can I check my item before I buy?
- Check the seller’s reviews, any other buyers will rate their transaction, if you are purchasing similar items you’ll have a better idea on what to expect.
- Review the photos and description in detail, if there are any flaws described or pictured, make sure you’re clear on the extent.
Is Depop safe for PayPal?
We offer Depop’s Buyer Protection on eligible transactions made using PayPal or Depop Payments. This means that buyers are always covered if something goes wrong with their order.
How can a seller avoid being scammed on Depop?
Depop Seller Guidelines
- Customer service and communication. First things first. …
- Listing. Include a clear item description, accurate brand names and appropriate images that reflect your item. …
- Payments. Make sure all purchases happen in-app. …
- Shipping. Always use tracked shipping where possible. …
- After your sale.
How do you stay protected on Depop?
Making sure you’re covered
So long as you make your purchases by using our ‘BUY’ button within the app, and report any issues within 180 days, you’re protected. We can’t help you if you send money outside the app without using the button. And to stay safe you should never meet up in person to make a purchase.
Are you protected with PayPal?
Your information is secured.
When you pay with PayPal, your financial information is never shared with the seller, and you can pay using only your email address and password. If you forget your login, you can recover it by yourself or Contact us if you need help.