Does Alexa have a guard mode?
Alexa Guard is a free feature available for supported Amazon Echo devices that can detect the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking when you set Guard to Away mode. Alexa can send you Smart Alerts, via notifications to your mobile device.
Why is Alexa Guard not on my app?
If Alexa Guard isn’t working right, here are some things to try. If your lights are not showing up in Guard settings for Away Lighting, in the Alexa app, set the type for any plugs and switches connected to lights to Light. Make sure that your Guard Plus subscription is active.
How does Alexa guard mode work?
With Alexa Guard enabled, any Echo speaker becomes a sentinel, able to employ the same sensitive microphones it uses for hearing your voice requests to detect the siren of a smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector, or the sound of glass breaking, and then send a notification to your smartphone.
How do I set Alexa guard to home in routine?
Activate Your Home Security System with an Alexa Routine
- Open the Alexa app .
- Open More and select Routines .
- Select Plus to create a routine.
- Select When this happens to set what starts the routine. …
- Select Add Action.
- Select Smart Home and then select your connected home security system.
Can Alexa tell me if someone is in my house?
The Alexa voice assistant has several built-in security features to help protect your home, such as Alexa Guard, which can detect if someone is breaking into your house, and Alexa Drop-In, which lets you listen in to see what the detected noise could be.
What happens if you say Alexa intruder alert?
If you think there is an intruder in your house this skill uses Alexa to make them think twice and encourages them to leave. Alexa pretends to turn on audio and video recording and also pretends to call the Emergency Services.
How do you set up intruder alert on Alexa?
How to set up Alexa intruder alerts:
- Go to the Alexa app. …
- Add a Routine by pressing the + button. …
- Then, choose Voice, and fill in the blank after Alexa to have your device trigger when you say “intruder alert,” or whatever you’d prefer to say, and then hit Save.
- Now, you’ll need to click on Add action.
What is Alexa guard away mode?
Flicking Alexa Guard into Away Mode means you get alerts pinged to your smartphone if your Echo picks up on something such as your smoke or carbon monoxide detector sounding off. Guard can also listen out for the sound of breaking glass. Functionality also extends to lighting and security systems.
What does it mean when Alexa is guarding your home?
If you own an Amazon Echo, you can protect your home with a handy feature called Alexa Guard. When this option is enabled, Alexa can send you notifications if your Echo detects certain sounds such as smoke alarms or breaking glass, and let you to listen to any detected sounds that raised the red flag.
How do I set the Guard home in routines?
PSA: Workaround for setting Guard to Home in a routine
- Go to Settings > Routines > click the +
- Click When this happens > Click Guard > Select Home > Hit next > Save.
- Now go to “Add action” and set additional actions you want to happen when Guard is set to Home (turning on lights, adjusting thermostat, etc.).