What are the 4 goals of fire protection?
The Four Goals of Fire Protection Systems
- Prevent a Fire. The best way to prevent fire damage is to prevent a fire from starting in the first place. …
- Detect a Fire. …
- Compartmentalise and Mitigate. …
- Buy time for the Evacuation of Personnel.
What is the main goal of fire prevention?
The goals of fire-prevention programs include preventing loss of life, property damage, and downtime in use of a building. Fires often can cause disruption of business activities, loss of business documents, loss of employee work hours, and liability claims resulting from the spread of fire to adjacent properties.
What is the most important factor in fire protection?
Heat. Heat is the first and most essential element that a fire needs. A fire can’t even start or spread unless there’s a significant amount of heat involved. That’s why when a firefighter responds to a fire, they apply water or another cooling agent right away.
What are the three components of fire protection?
The primary methods of achieving fire suppression can be explained through the use of the fire tetrahedron which evolved from the familiar fire triangle. The fire triangle is a graphic representation of the three components that must be present for combustion to occur: 1) fuel, 2) heat, and 3) oxygen.
What are the five basic fire safety practices?
5 fire prevention tips
- Maintain fire prevention systems. …
- Don’t forget your fire extinguishers. …
- Be aware of overloaded circuits and extension cords. …
- Keep your space clean. …
- Create a fire evacuation plan.
What are methods of fire prevention?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. …
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
What is fire prevention and protection system?
fire prevention and control, the prevention, detection, and extinguishment of fires, including such secondary activities as research into the causes of fire, education of the public about fire hazards, and the maintenance and improvement of fire-fighting equipment.
What is fire prevention and fire fighting?
The STCW Fire prevention and fire fighting course deals with the necessary precautions to minimize the risk of fires aboard ship, how fires are caused and the first means of extinguishing them.
What is a fire protection plan?
A fire safety plan is a formal document containing the procedures to follow in case of a fire. It is necessary that every employee knows the procedures to be followed prior to any fire as to avoid any type of misunderstanding or stampede which can unnecessarily lead to death or the deaths of other employees.
How important is fire safety and prevention?
Putting a fire prevention plan in place can significantly reduce the extent of damage that a fire can cause and help to avert one from breaking out in the first place. A fire emergency evacuation plan details how you and your staff, throughout the building, can exit in a safe and appropriate manner.
What are the features of fire protection?
Building Fire Safety Features
- Compartmentation: Compartmentalization is critical to fire containment and successful evacuating. …
- Exits: Fire exits are clearly marked with an exit sign. …
- Fire Alarm Systems: Fire alarm systems provide a rapid means of notifying all building occupants of a fire emergency. …
- Fire Extinguishers: